Monday, July 19, 2010

It's hard to believe that it's already been over a month since my arrival here in Skagway and it's even more interesting to believe that I've worn a jacket everyday since I've been here considering it simmering at 90-100 degrees in most parts of the world (35-40 degrees for the Celsius users). My days are spent tending to the needs of tourist who infiltrate the 20 blocks of Skagway and I'm constantly reminded that loving your neighbor is easier said than done. One of the most unusual encounters that I've been having on a somewhat regular basis is that certain travelers will say they're from a state such as Kentucky and then imply that its a state in the United States of America. From the time I've spent here thus far it's easy to say that Alaska doesn't feel like the rest of the lower 48 and though Skagway is only 20 miles from the border it's far from feeling like Canada, it's a beast all its own.

The word ayurveda is mostly a mystery to the towns 810 residence, which is a reminder that this great science is still hidden from plenty of the western world. Change is difficult but creating something new in daily life is profound and from simple alterations according to the ayurvedic perspective unique things will unfold. Thus my next seris of blogs will elaborate over simple practices that I have found from my personal experience to be of great benefit. So, stay tuned and for the time being be happy. Hari om and amen.

No comments: